Language and Literacies
Language helps us to enhance our skills to communicate with others. Literacy Development is ability to read and write. Both language and literacy develop through interactions with the people around us.
- Talk to your child about what is happening, the plan for the day.
- Engage in conversations about what you see on your walks and in the environment
- Read books together
- Singing songs
- Nursery Rhymes
- Question and answer board games
- Te Reo Singalong with Sharon Holt
- Listent to stories – a collection of free children’s audio books. All written and produced in New Zealand
- Retelling and creating own stories with props.
- Indoor scavenger hunt
- A toy with wheels
- A book with the first letter of your name in the title
- A pair of matching socks
- Something that is soft
- Something that is round
- A photo of someone you love
- Something you love to play with